Gudauri – young and rapid developing winter sports resort located at Kazbegi region of Georgia, 120 km from Tbilisi, at the height of 2,196 m (about 7,200 feet) near the Cross Pass. Skiing season lasts from December to April, comfort skiing on all routes. In May skiing is possible on the five (highest) lift or even on the second lift in snow years.
Heli Ski is available throughout the season! A unique challenge for all!
Routes and lifts:The lower lift station is at 1,990 m (6,500 feet), and the top station is at 3,007 m (9,860 feet !).
- First ski-lift 1053 metres long- three chairs (Night skiing+ snow guns)
- Second ski-lift 2295 metres long- high speed chairlift, four chairs
- Third- 1063 metres long -three chairs (to Kudebi)
- Forth- three chairs, 1104metres
- Fifth -four chairs, 1504metres (to Sadzele)
- be finished 12.2016 -six chairs, 2800m. (from Hotel CrossPass to top of Gondola)
- Gondola lift (monocable circulating ropeway) - 2800 metres long, for 8 pers.
- New training slope with Doppelmayer J-bar- 600 metres long.
Snow park and SunKid people mover - 300m - FREE
Gudauri has 50 km of marked and prepared routes suitable for pro-riders and beginners. They had 22 routes in 2012 (source). 20% professional routes 80% - riders routs.
Cable railway operates from 10 to 16 for any number of skiers on routes. Cable railway may be closed in rare occasions of very low visibility or high wind. Cable railway is equipped with standby power generator for blackout protection.
In Gudauri: The ski lift is free for children from 0 to 6. Child skipass from 6 to 16.