Izmir is the third largest city of turkey after Istanbul and Ankara with a population of 3 million people.
It's not only unique by its metropolitan city but also with the various important tourist destinations around it such as Alacati, Cesme, Kusadasi, Ozedere, etc…
Good reasons to make Izmir your next escape in Turkey
- Cosmopolitan city on the Mediterranean sea, 3rd largest city in Turkey enjoying 300 days of sunshine.
- Modern shopping malls offering all brands as well as Traditional Bazars.
- City hotels of International standards at affordable rates with meeting and seminar facilities.
- Big choice of restaurants for all budgets and tastes.
- Easy flight connections to/from several cities in Europe, Africa and the Middle East as well as to Istanbul, Antalya, Adana and the Cappadocia.
- Important touristic sites to visit in and around the city: Meryemena (House of Virgin Mary) Ephesus and Pamukkale.
- Housing a large number of art galleries and hosting cultural events, concerts, festivals, etc...
- 600 kms of coastline with international resorts on sandy beaches at one hour drive: Çesme, Alacati, Kusadaci and Ozdere.
- Ease of transportation within the city as well as to/from the city.
Adana, Turkey's fourth largest city, is the centre of the Cukurova region, which steadily progresses in the agricultural and industrial sectors. Modern Adana consists of two quite separate sections: cramped old city centre and newer, mostly high-rise suburbs overlooking the Seyhan dam to north of the old centre, usually called Kuzey Adana or Yeni Adana.
It is very easy and enjoyable to walk around city centre. You can also walk in the Adana Merkez Park (Adana Central Park).
What to do in Adana
- Driving by the lake and seeing the beautiful view is one of the things you can do while in Adana. Locals like spending the evening drinking beer by the lake.
- Visit ancient cities around Adana, such as Magarsus, Ayas, Commana, Castabala, and Misis.
- Going to Akyatan Lagoon or Kapuzbasi Waterfall.
- Swimming (in Karataş on the Mediterranean coast, south of Adana).
- Going to Aqualand (wave pool, lazy river and various slides).
Adana has four malls (Optimum, Galleria, M1 and Carrefour). Optimum Outlet and M1 Shopping Centre are the largest. Optimum was opened in mid 2011 and is the newest. M1 and Optimum share many of the same stores where you can find almost all of the world class brands.
you can explore downtown Adana by walking.
City tour to Adana, Tarsus & “Ahl el Kahf”. And the possibility of combining Adana with Cappadocia