Adana, Turkey's fourth largest city, is the centre of the Cukurova region, which steadily progresses in the agricultural and industrial sectors. Modern Adana consists of two quite separate sections: cramped old city centre and newer, mostly high-rise suburbs overlooking the Seyhan dam to north of the old centre, usually called Kuzey Adana or Yeni Adana.
It is very easy and enjoyable to walk around city centre. You can also walk in the Adana Merkez Park (Adana Central Park).
What to do in Adana
- Driving by the lake and seeing the beautiful view is one of the things you can do while in Adana. Locals like spending the evening drinking beer by the lake.
- Visit ancient cities around Adana, such as Magarsus, Ayas, Commana, Castabala, and Misis.
- Going to Akyatan Lagoon or Kapuzbasi Waterfall.
- Swimming (in Karataş on the Mediterranean coast, south of Adana).
- Going to Aqualand (wave pool, lazy river and various slides).
Adana has four malls (Optimum, Galleria, M1 and Carrefour). Optimum Outlet and M1 Shopping Centre are the largest. Optimum was opened in mid 2011 and is the newest. M1 and Optimum share many of the same stores where you can find almost all of the world class brands.
you can explore downtown Adana by walking.
City tour to Adana, Tarsus & “Ahl el Kahf”. And the possibility of combining Adana with Cappadocia